Any work on an adaptec AIC-7890 driver?

Post by James Meach » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I just got the most studly machine at work to use as an administrative
server.  I'd love to run Linux on it, show the world it'd work, etc..
It's a Dell PowerEdge 2300 with two SCSI host adapters, one of which is an
Adaptec AIC-7890, for which there seems to be no driver in the linux world
yet.  Does anyone know if anyone is working on a driver for this before I
have to go with Solaris?  Thanks in advance for any information.  Peace,

James

James Meacham
Web System Administrator
Johns Hopkins University
Center for Communications Programs

Any work on an adaptec AIC-7890 driver?

Post by M. Buchenried » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

[...]

Quote:>It's a Dell PowerEdge 2300 with two SCSI host adapters, one of which is an
>Adaptec AIC-7890, for which there seems to be no driver in the linux world
>yet.

[...]

Get a 2.0.35 kernel .

Michael
--

       Lumber Cartel Unit #456 (TINLC) and Official Net.Scum

Post by Markus Grabne » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I just got the most studly machine at work to use as an administrative
> server.  I'd love to run Linux on it, show the world it'd work, etc..
> It's a Dell PowerEdge 2300 with two SCSI host adapters, one of which is an
> Adaptec AIC-7890, for which there seems to be no driver in the linux world
> yet.  Does anyone know if anyone is working on a driver for this before I
> have to go with Solaris?  Thanks in advance for any information.  Peace,

Look at ftp://ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx/ and let me know when
they released a stable version :-)

        Ciao,
                Markus

--