i know i should have an external, but...

i know i should have an external, but...

Post by <stuckintheloony.. » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

i know that i should just get an external, but isthere a driver out for an
internal US Robotics 56K Voice INT modem out?  it would be so much easier.
 thanks to anyone one who took the time to read or even reply to this.

matt beale

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

1. LGX means never having to say, "I don't know"

One of the things that I hated about using proprietary closed source
software was often hitting the binary brick wall and being able to do
naught but scratch my head.

How many times has someone come up to you and asked, "Why does that
happen?", and the only thing you can really say (if you're honest) is
"Well, I don't rightly know."

This is just another reason why I love LGX and OSS so much.  I never have
to say this.  Everything is there for me to be able to find out as much or
as little as I want, even down to examining source code if I were so
inclined.

This means if I am having an issue or a problem, I have the resources
available to me to be able to find out and even *resolve* it if I have the
wherewithal and knowledge to do so.

There are no limitations placed upon you with LGX.  If you want to just
use it and not worry about the inner machinations, you can.  But if you
want to get your hands bloody and dig right into the heart of the platform
to find out what makes it tick, you can do that to.  That's just simply
too cool!

You never really know freedom until you are truly free.

--
rapskat -  21:26:43 up 2 days, 20:23,  3 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.49, 0.41
Gentoo Base System version 1.4.2.8 kernel 2.5.65 on a Pentium III (Coppermine)

2. how do you restrict root access to just the console?

3. Need to know the advantages of having multi-homed hosts

4. Files that have been recently modified

5. i know i should get a external modem but....

6. FIFO under AIX?

7. Which command to know if an scsi adapter or disk is internal or external ?

8. Serser/Workstation setup question.

9. Port forward external to external interface

10. Port forwarding from an external interface to an external site.

11. can ping firewall external interface but not external network

12. External Disk VS External Disk Enclosure

13. Configuring an external multi-disk pack external drive on an Enterprise 3000 server