Drivers for EPSON Stylus color 440/460

Post by Tahir Hash » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:02:22

I am looking for some free drivers for Epson Stylus Color 460 Printer
to run it on RH 6.2. Anyone got the stuff?

Thanx in advance

Post by Vosto » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:44:36

> I am looking for some free drivers for Epson Stylus Color 460 Printer
> to run it on RH 6.2. Anyone got the stuff?

> Thanx in advance

You can try the Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS) priter drivers.  Find it
at http://www.cups.org

Post by Jonathan Bowm » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:33:38

> I am looking for some free drivers for Epson Stylus Color 460 Printer
> to run it on RH 6.2. Anyone got the stuff?

> Thanx in advance

I could go into great detail here, but your best bet is to go to
http://www.linuxprinting.org and find out there.  The 460 is supposed
to work perfectly.  I would suggest the "stp" driver from the
gimp-print project.  That is what I use on my Stylus Color 640, and it
works amazingly well.  You may also be interested to know that the
CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) includes a Stylus Color driver that
works all right, albeit not as well as stp.

Jonathan Bowman

Post by James Richard Tyre » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:48:05

> I am looking for some free drivers for Epson Stylus Color 460 Printer
> to run it on RH 6.2. Anyone got the stuff?

GhostScript should support this with the Uniprint driver "stc".

JRT