need help installing RH 6.1 on old laptop

need help installing RH 6.1 on old laptop

Post by erh.. » Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:21:15

Need help with installing RH6.1 or 6.2 on an old hitachi visionbook
pro, model 7340, pentium 133, 16 mb RAM.
I once installed RH6.1 on this computer, and it worked well. It fell
out of its carrying case, though, and the harddrive quit. I just
reinstalled a new hard drive. Using an image created with rawrite for
a boot disk plus a CD created with Gnometoaster for the .iso image,
I've tried several times for installation. It goes well until it
starts unpacking the packages. Then I get the following message:
"Exception Occurred
Traceback (innermost last)
File "/user/bin/anaconda" line 227 in ?
  intf.run(todo, test = test)
File
"/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/text.py",
line 1009, in run
      rc = apply (step [1] ( ), step [2])"
File
"/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/text.py", line572,
in _ _call_ _
    if todoInstall ():
                   File"
I'm then given the choice to debug which I try, but I don't have much
training and can't analyze the results. I get:
Quote:> /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/todo.py(693) makeFilesystems ( )

raise Runtime Error
   "error making swapon" + device
Any ideas? All help will be appreciated.
Thanks much,
Steve Winston

1. Need help with Mandrake 6.1 install on a Compaq Presario Laptop

I was wondering if anyone can help me get my Linksys EtherFast
10/100+56K V.90 Modem PCMCIA card to work.  I have installed Mandrake
6.1 on my Compaq Presario 1672.  I need my modem to work so I can get
on the net to download some drivers and the new XFree86 so Xwindows
will work properly.  I checked the package manager and it says that
the PCMCIA RPM is installed but I do not know how to make sure
everything is working.

Thank you,

Joey Bahr

2. gnumeric [Q]: Summing up times in columns

3. How to install RH 6.1 on Compaq Armada 1750 laptop?

4. Q: geographical location of ip?

5. RH 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1 Freeze on Install

6. TAN AT HOME WITHOUT THE SUN

7. RH 6.1 minimum RPM packages needed to install IP MASQ?

8. Newbie with SiS 900 NIC driver, SuSE 8.1 and Fujitsu-Siemens Celvin EasyPC.

9. Help installing a network printer on RH 6.1

10. newbie needs network help with RH 6.1 iso image

11. Help installing RH 6.1

12. RH 6.1 install: NEC A500 monitor FAILS. HELP?

13. Need help with LAN ISDN MODEM(RH 6.1)