Trackballs. Anyone using one?

Post by Mel Moor » Sun, 13 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Is anyone using a trackball with there system? If so, which one, how
have you set it up as far as ports and drivers are concerned.  I'm
currently using Redhat 6.0 on a system that does not support USB on the
motherboard so I would like to know if any are available that work on
serial port.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Mel Moore

Post by sideban » Sun, 13 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Is anyone using a trackball with there system? If so, which one, how
> have you set it up as far as ports and drivers are concerned.  I'm
> currently using Redhat 6.0 on a system that does not support USB on the
> motherboard so I would like to know if any are available that work on
> serial port.

> Thanks for the info in advance.

> Mel Moore

I'm using a Logitech TrackMan Marble Wheel with no problems on two
different systems, one PS/2 and one Serial.

HTH

-SSB

Post by John E. Garrott S » Sun, 13 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Is anyone using a trackball with there system? If so, which one, how
> have you set it up as far as ports and drivers are concerned.  I'm
> currently using Redhat 6.0 on a system that does not support USB on the
> motherboard so I would like to know if any are available that work on
> serial port.

> Thanks for the info in advance.

> Mel Moore

I've been using a Logitech marble for three years now
and love it.

Doesn't have the wheel, but works fine.  The system
just thinks it's a mouse.

Have fun,

John

Trackballs. Anyone using one?

Post by Mel Moor » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:29:14

Quote:> Thanks for the info on trackballs. It really helps me get a starting
> point on which on  to try.

The enginerring people a work use them on the CAD machines and like them
alot but had no idea if one would work on a Linux box. I want try one
because my hands are starting protest about using mice all the time.

Thanks for the help

Mel Moore

Trackballs. Anyone using one?

Post by Scott Lars » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> The enginerring people a work use them on the CAD machines and like them
> alot but had no idea if one would work on a Linux box. I want try one
> because my hands are starting protest about using mice all the time.

In Linux, a track ball (like Logitech's models) looks just like a mouse.
--
Scott Larson  ADP Dealer Services

Post by Marc D. Willia » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>The enginerring people a work use them on the CAD machines and like them
>alot but had no idea if one would work on a Linux box. I want try one
>because my hands are starting protest about using mice all the time.

Standard trackballs are no different than mice really so there shouldn't
be much problems. I use a Mouse Systems PC-Trackball II in Mouse Systems
mode (3-button). No problems at all with either gpm or X.

--

Quote:>>ANIME SENSHI<<

Marc D. Williams

http://www.oldskool.org/~tvdog/ -- DOS Internet & Tandy 1000
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Platform/8269/ -- Win3.x Makeover

Trackballs. Anyone using one?

Post by Brad Remedio » Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:17:13

The Logitech Marble Trackman plus are sweet.  even the mouse wheel
works!! without imwheel (except in kdevelop and netscape)

--

1. Kensington Trackball-anyone using it with X?

I just bought a new Kensington Expert Trackball (after
trying a Glidepoint first), and can't get it to work under
X windows.  It works fine at the console, but forget it in X.
Has anyone succeeded in getting this thing to work under X?
It works fine under W95 with the standard driver (not even
the one that came with it).  At least the Glidepoint pad
"worked" everywhere.  Any advice?  I'm calling Kensington
this afternoon and will post any info I get.

BTW, I'm running RedHat 4.0/Metro X server.

Thanks.
Craig

--
Craig Harpel          |"There's no moral, it's just a bunch of stuff

http://www.patriot.net/~caharpel/

2. Q: how to print from BSD lpr to SVR4 lp?

3. Sony SDT-7000 SCSI DAT Drive - anyone using one of these?

4. Ipx support

5. Anyone using One Touch 8700 USB scanner?

6. 72G DDS-3 Drives

7. Logitech First Mouse: Anyone using it?

8. Eicon Diva T/A ISDN Modem

9. HP 722C Printer - Anyone using one on linux?

10. Belkin UPS - anyone using one of these?

11. D-Link DSL-604+ anyone using one can help?

12. Anyone one used this small ARM based board?

13. Supra i33.6 Cardinal PnP modem.....anyone using one?