Slakware bootdisk problems...

Post by Synta » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi there,
    I just finished putting Slackware 3.3 onto disks for my laptop(I can't
get the cable-connection to work and no CD ROm) Anyways, when i go to boot
with the bootdisk(using bare.i as the HD image file) it accesses the disk
for about 6 seconds, then the disk stops and just sits there. Not lock p,
just sits there w/nothing on the screen. The HD is a Seagate 350mb HD if
that helps any. Again, no CD rom...Would a laptop HD be IDE? Any help would
greatly appreciate.
Thanx so much.
-Jamie

1. Slakware bootdisk problem...

Hi there,
    I just finished putting Slackware 3.3 onto disks for my laptop(I can't
get the cable-connection to work and no CD ROm) Anyways, when i go to boot
with the bootdisk(using bare.i as the HD image file) it accesses the disk
for about 6 seconds, then the disk stops and just sits there. Not lock p,
just sits there w/nothing on the screen. The HD is a Seagate 350mb HD if
that helps any. Again, no CD rom...Would a laptop HD be IDE? Any help would
greatly appreciate.
Thanx so much.
-Jamie

2. best test conditions on ISDN/ppp line?

3. Slakware bootdisk Error

4. CAD tool w/ scaling and printing ability

5. Slakware 3.4 bootdisk hangs HELP!

6. Who publishes newsgroups?

7. Making Slakware Bootdisks

8. VFS: Insert root floppy and hit enter - ???

9. Slackware bootdisk boots but Linux bootdisk won't!

10. New to slakware and problem

11. JX-1.1.21 build problems under slakware

12. Problems installing Slakware Linux 3.0 on Dec 942

13. Slakware Install problems