Need Integrated PCI AMD Fast SCSI 2 Driver

Need Integrated PCI AMD Fast SCSI 2 Driver

Post by Dave » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install Linux on an old Compaq Deskpro XL 560. This machine
has an integrated PCI AMD Fast SCSI controller. The LILO that I am using
cannot recognize it. Does anyone know of where or if a driver has been
written to support this intregrated SCSI controller.

Thanks,

Dave

1. 32 bits Integrated Fast-SCSI-II controller on PCI local bus (Compaq)

I have a 32 bits Integrated Fast-SCSI-II controller on PCI local bus
(in a Compaq DeskPro XL466), and I want to install Slackware from Walnut Creek
CDROM.

Unfortunately, the loaded boot disks didn't work. I get the "0 hosts" message
when the kernel tries to detect my SCSI card. I've read the SCSI-HOWTO,
the PCI-HOWTO, and the Hardware-HOWTO, but to no avail. These documents
mainly talk about the TMC-8xx and the TMC-16x0 controllers.

it seems that Compaq uses the chip AMD PCscsi. The technical information
is:

   - Manufacturer: Compaq
   - Model       : CP30540
   - Revision    : 90C5
   - SCSI Version: ANSI SCSI-2 Standard

Can somebody please help me?  I'd really appreciate it...

2. Linux reboot problem !!

3. AMD Integrated PCI SCSI???

4. su root and Environment

5. driver for IBM SCSI-2 Fast PCI adaptor

6. Load balancing rsh

7. Looking for a driver for the Qlogic Fast Scsi IQ PCI card.

8. defaults in admintool

9. Wanted: Linux Driver for AMD PCI SCSI

10. Need driver for DEC DC21140A [10-100 Mb/s] Fast Ethernet PCI card

11. Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI controller; AMD 79C970 PCI ethernet card

12. Fast and Wide Followup (Fast wide SCSI drivers, anyone?)

13. Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI; AMD 79C970 PCI ethernet card