Linux & CD-R Changers - Supported?

Post by Craig McFarlan » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

TWIMC,
I'm considering a CD-R changer (like the Pioneer 6-CD model) for
automating archives on a Linux box.

Has anyone got this to work?  Or are the drivers just a dream away?

cya
Craig.

Delaney & Morgan Computing                          Fax: +61 3 9878-3910
ACN 058 140 702                 PO Box 84 Forest Hill Vic 3131 AUSTRALIA

 "My opinions had better be those of the management, or they're FIRED!"

Linux & CD-R Changers - Supported?

Post by William B. Arnol » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,

I have personal experience using the Pioneer DRM-600 six disc, Nakamichi
and MCD 7 disk changers with Linux, RedHat 5.2 - 7.0 and Mandrake.  All
are SCSI.  Had six changers hooked up at one time  off of various
Adaptec controllers.  I have no experience with the model you listed
however.

Bill...

> TWIMC,
> I'm considering a CD-R changer (like the Pioneer 6-CD model) for
> automating archives on a Linux box.

> Has anyone got this to work?  Or are the drivers just a dream away?

> cya
> Craig.

> --

> Delaney & Morgan Computing                          Fax: +61 3 9878-3910
> ACN 058 140 702                 PO Box 84 Forest Hill Vic 3131 AUSTRALIA

>  "My opinions had better be those of the management, or they're FIRED!"

1. CD-R and CD changer support in Solaris?

We are working on a project where we'll collect large amounts of data,
and periodically we'll want to transfer several hundred MB of this
data to several client sites.

Since the old data is static, a CD-ROM solution seems perfect for us;
ideally we would store ~650MB of data per CD, and have several CDs
mounted in a CD-ROM changer.  We would also have a CD recorder to
allow us to create CDs to send to our clients.

Do CD-ROM changers and CD-ROM recorders look like regular SCSI CD-ROM
devices to Solaris 2.x, so that they will work pretty much out of the
box, or do we need special drivers and mastering software even for our
very simple requirements?

Thanks,
Fredrik Nyman
--
Fredrik Nyman  CACI  1120 G Street NW Suite 1000  Washington, DC 20005
"The Internet, for the uninitiated, is a collection of computer systems

2. Konqueror and jpeg

3. CD-changer support in Linux

4. HTTP Server.

5. Does Linux support NEC 8X4 IDE CD-ROM changer?

6. getting quota inside c/c++ program

7. nvidia geforce2 chipset with xfree86 4.3

8. CD-CHANGER & LINUX -- HELP !!!!

9. sharing CD-R, Zip and changer on linux box

10. CD Changer Support?

11. CD Changer support... Help needed...

12. COMMERCIAL: support for SCSI 200 Disc CD-ROM changer