PLEASE HELP -- Logitec PS/2 mouse keeps locking up

PLEASE HELP -- Logitec PS/2 mouse keeps locking up

Post by Jay N. Dama » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi there, I running Linux on a P5-66 Gateway computer with a PS/2 Logitec
3-button mouse. Guess what, the mouse will periodically lock up. I cannot
find a single cause that causes the lockup. With the mouse gone, I can still
atl-F* through my windows (the system still runs). What I end up doing is
exiting all my windows, select "leave X" and get back to the text prompt.
Then I do startx again and things are fine --- until the next time it dies.

Oddly enough, the frequency with which this problem occurs has been increasing.
This is the oddest thing about it.

So, * has anyone seen this before?
    * is there any way to prevent this?
    * is there any way to get the mouse back without leaving X?
    * is there any experiments someone might suggest to test where the
        problem is?

Thanks much in advance.
Sincerely,
-Jay Damask
MIT

1. Linux / Apache Lock ups help please

We'll send help right away (like, "oh my god", in my best valley
girl voice).  How about being a bit more specific?  :-)

Neil Mansilla
Almighty Online
http://www.whatuseek.com

2. xmailtool

3. PROBLEM: PS/2 mouse movements cause lock up of all mouse and keyboard input

4. Bash question

5. Raxco OmniGuard Information Please........

6. UPS - software driver for the APC Smart UPS - 600 (Please HELP )

7. Where is source for cget[ent|cap|ustr]?

8. XF86_Mach8 lock-ups and mouse droppings

9. ps/2 mouse can't work, please help

10. PS/2 mouse problem in X. please help.

11. PS/2 mouse: Day 2, the Saga continues ... please help!

12. PS/2 Mouse TERROR. Please help.