Has ANYONE Gotten 16-bit Color Depth with STB Lightspeed VL?

Has ANYONE Gotten 16-bit Color Depth with STB Lightspeed VL?

Post by CITIZEN » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Have tried everything except prayer to get 16 bit color depth using the STB
Lightspeed VL card. If your configuration is like mine as listed below and you
have 16 bit color depth working, PLEASE let me in on the secret!

486DX2 66Mz, Vesa Local Bus, 20 megs memory.
XFree86 3.3 something, December 1998, set up with xconf
Nec Multisync monitor 3FGe

According to the XFree86 literature, the STB Lightspeed VL card should work.
But it sure don't.
Al Tourlakes
Advertising Writing, Graphics & Design
http://members.aol.com/citizenal

1. Netscape Java plugin and 16-bit colour depth

Hi, odd as it may seem, I run RedHat 6.0 (XFree 3.3.3) as my desktop
OS, but run my Netscape 4.61 browser on a Solaris 2.6 box. [I find the
Solaris one more reliable)

Anyway, I was hoping to try out the java 1.2 plugin to see if I could
get the JIT going but whenever I try to use it I get an error message
from the JRE on Solaris saying:

java.lang.InternalError: Unsupported 16-bit depth

This is probably a JRE restriction but it does seem rather limiting.
Is there anyway to workaround this ? I don't even know what depth it
requires ??

Cheers,
Addy.

2. GCC on Solaris7: "C compiler cannot create executables"

3. How to set up 16 bit color depth

4. Sendmail called from PERL very slow indeed

5. Strange Graphic Overlaps in 16,32 bit color depths

6. Problem starting/booting with Mandrake

7. [Fwd: Re: Problem with colors using 16 bit depth in X11]

8. The Wishlist

9. Problem with colors using 16 bit depth in X11

10. TVGA8900 and 16 Bit Color Depth

11. How do I increase color depth from 8bit to 16/24 bit?

12. modeline for 15/16 bit color depth

13. 16 bit color depth in OpenWindows