(Q) Nakamichi CD-Changer MJ-5.16

Post by Shu » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Do you have any experiences Nakamichi CD-Changer MJ-5.16 on Linux?
Please advise.  Soon I should install Linux, maybe Debian2.0, for
my study, before that, I would like to know whether Linux supports
my CD-ROM Changer Drive or not.
Because I should buy another CD-ROM if not.

Shu

Post by Kazi » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Do you have any experiences Nakamichi CD-Changer MJ-5.16 on Linux?
> Please advise.  Soon I should install Linux, maybe Debian2.0, for
> my study, before that, I would like to know whether Linux supports
> my CD-ROM Changer Drive or not.
> Because I should buy another CD-ROM if not.

        I used an older model, the Nakamichi MBR-7.  This was a SCSI device,
I'm not sure what yours was.  But all I had to do to make it work was
enable the LUN support in my Adaptec AHA-2940UW and just create devices
for /dev/scd2 through /dev/scd6, and it worked just fine.

  Mike Stella                             Software / Systems Engineer
  http://www.veryComputer.com/;          Thir* Technologies, LLC

1. Nakamichi MJ-5.16 16x 5 CD IDE/SCSI Changer

Hi Linux users/programmers,

Is anyone using this CD changer successfully with Linux ? What other CD
changers are supported ?

Thanks in advance,

Gerhard.

--
Gerhard Ahuis          JO32EO               It's good to be independent

Unsolicited advertisements subject to $1000 consulting fee.

2. freebsd callerid display?

3. Mount/Use of Nakamichi MJ-5.16 5disk changer...

4. POP and SMTP connection refused behind a linux router

5. Nakamichi MJ 4.4 CD-Changer

6. Remote switching between Suse and Redhat

7. 2.4.18 and cd-changer Nakamichi MBR-7

8. Apache Forms-Based Administration

9. Q: Nakamichi MBR7 CD-changer

10. Searching Driver for Nakamichi CD-changer MBR-7

11. Success! Nakamichi 4.4 CD-changer

12. Nakamichi MBR-7 (7 disc CD-ROM changer)

13. Nakamichi CD changer support