DiskOnChip

Post by Fabrice DUVA » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

hello,
ref : MD-2800-D08

are there someone know if i can do something with this stuff

        Thanks

                Fabrice

DiskOnChip

Post by Fabrice DUVA » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:55:56

Fabrice DUVAL a crit :

> hello,
> ref : MD-2800-D08

> are there someone know if i can do something with this stuff

>         Thanks

>                 Fabrice

My question is not "can i"
but "how"?

        Fabrice

DiskOnChip

Post by Gregory Leper » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

http://www.m-sys.com/files/manuals/doc/IM-DOC-021_Linux_OS_Rev3.2.pdf
or if you feel angry about breaking GPL, take a look at :
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/

> hello,
> ref : MD-2800-D08

> are there someone know if i can do something with this stuff

> Thanks

> Fabrice

1. dlilo on DiskOnChip

Hi,

I have put a M-system DiskOnChip (MD2202-D32) on my SBC (Geode GX +
CS5530). I downloaded the doc-linux-5.0.0 on the site of M-system and
did step by step as the its guide said. Several days before I
successfully booting from the DOC, but now the booting failed as:

dlilo:

I booted again from hard disk, mount the DOC to /doc, then running
doc-lilo again.
# doc-lilo -v -r /doc
LILO version 21, Copyright 1992-1998 Werner Almesberger

Reading boot sector from /dev/msys/fla
Merging with /boot/doc.b
Boot image: /boot/vmlinuz1
Added linux *
/boot/boot.6400 exists - no backup copy made.
Writing boot sector.

Here is the file of /doc/etc/lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/msys/fla
compact
install=/boot/doc.b
map=/boot/System.map-2.4.16
disk=/dev/msys/fla
bios=0x80

prompt
delay = 50
timeout = 50

image = /boot/vmlinuz1
        label = linux
        root = /dev/msys/fla1
#       root = /dev/hda3
#       initrd = /boot/initrd-2.4.16.img
        read-only

I can understand why the doc could boot several days before but now it
cannot.
Can someone help me?

changkun
2002-01-12

2. tape backup Colorado Jumbo 350 ?

3. Booting Linux from DiskOnChip

4. SunVideo Conferencing

5. M-Systems' DiskOnChip (Flash RAM)

6. Could use some pap theory

7. Why no kernel message on my DiskOnChip system?

8. ODS - feature or annoyance?

9. M-System DiskOnChip driver for LINUX

10. Driver for DiskOnChip ???

11. DiskOnChip + lilo: Map segment is too big

12. M-System DiskOnChip driver for linux

13. DiskOnChip support when compile kernel