Synaptic Touchpad Taps Giving Enter Keys

Synaptic Touchpad Taps Giving Enter Keys

Post by James O. Thompso » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a Gateway Solo 2100 with the Synaptic touchpad.  By default, it
interprets tapping the pad as an enter key.  This tears me up, giving enters
when I don't want them.

For Win 98, I used the Syntapic driver to disable this custom feature.  On
Linux, where can I find a fix of some kind to disable this annyoing feature.

Jim Thompson

Synaptic Touchpad Taps Giving Enter Keys

Post by James O. Thompso » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Someone in another forum provided the source for a Linux driver that
disables the taps for a Synaptic touchpad.  It is
http://www.compass.com/synaptics.html.

Jim Thompson

Quote:> I have a Gateway Solo 2100 with the Synaptic touchpad.  By default, it
> interprets tapping the pad as an enter key.  This tears me up, giving
enters
> when I don't want them.

> For Win 98, I used the Syntapic driver to disable this custom feature.  On
> Linux, where can I find a fix of some kind to disable this annyoing
feature.

> Jim Thompson

1. how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

UNIX Gurus,

I try to use normal enter key and keypad enter key in different ways.
Is there any way to distinguish it? I noticed that some times both
key passes same sequence code like 0b. But some times they are different.
One with 0b and another with escept characters. What trigs that?
Any way I can set it? Thanks for all help.

Hao Wang

2. Where to place xhost +

3. SUMMARY: how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

4. ANNOUCEMENT: XPipeman2

5. Tap, tap, tap, is this thing on ?

6. Webglimpse won't index virtual host

7. PS/2 Mouse-Touchpad on Laptop drivers for 'tapping' instead of clicking

8. Help with smbmount

9. Disabling touchpad tap feature?

10. Turning off touchpad tapping (in XWindow)

11. disable tapping with ALPS/GlidePoint touchpad

12. How can I map the Enter Key with Curses ??

13. use esc key to exit GRUB graphical boot menu and enter command line mode