Quad ethernet card Q's?

Post by Gary Smi » Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:37:01

Hello,

I had purchased a DLink 570tx some time ago and it has worked for a
long time without fail.  This was under RH 7.3.  We decided to do a
firewall upgrade about 6 months ago and decided that we wanted to
cluster it for HA.  So we ordered another 570tx from some Yahoo store.
 What we got was the 580tx.  We fought with it for some time but
because of deadlines we ended up purchasing 8 seperate nic's (4 per
machine).

We run RH9.0 now and was wondering what the best quad nic for the
money is out there.  Since DLink doesn't seem to be producing them I
looked into the Adaptect but their current solution is 64bit PCI.  The
firewall systems do not have a 64bit PCI.

I haven't tried to fight with the 580tx under the existing RH9 patched
kernel recently.  We spent too much time troubleshooting it in the
first place.

The primary reason for this is that we need to recoupe one of those
PCI slots for another purpose.

Gary Smith

Quad ethernet card Q's?

Post by Captain Dond » Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:05:05

> The primary reason for this is that we need to recoupe one of those
> PCI slots for another purpose.

Matrox had a quad PCI NIC at one time that they supported under linux.
You may try them.

--
What am I on?
I'm on my bike,                         o__

Quad ethernet card Q's?

Post by Juha Laih » Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:27:01

Quote:>Any suggestions [for PCI quad ethernet] would be greatly appreciated.

The Linux driver seems to indicate that the QFE adapter from Sun would
work also on non-Sparc Linux.
--
Wolf  a.k.a.  Juha Laiho     Espoo, Finland

1. Quad Ethernet SBus and Quad FastEthernet SBus adapters in Ultra2

The installation guide for the Sun Quad FastEthernet SBus Adapter states
that you can have only one of them, maximum, in an Ultra 2.  I have an
Ultra 2 that already has an older Quad Ethernet adapter (not
FastEthernet).  Will the Quad FastEthernet work OK with the Quad
Ethernet adapter already in the Ultra 2?  Thanks.

-Gil

2. Match any chars

3. SUN Quad ethernet card and bridging mode

4. Netscape with Term...need help!

5. FS: Sun SBUS QUAD ETHERNET CARD

6. login XDMCP and kdm

7. 2nd Quad ethernet card not working

8. This will make you trust M$

9. Quad Fast Ethernet cards for FreeBSD 2.2

10. PCI QUAD Ethernet Card

11. Quad-Ethernet-Card.

12. DFE570Tx quad ethernet card.