Toshiba 8xCDROM & SB16/ASP

Post by Daniel W. Erskin » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Greetings:
  I have a Toshiba 8-speed IDE CDROM, and a SB16/ASP card with an IDE
controller.  Will I loose out on performance by connecting the CDROM through
the sound card vice the secondary EIDE channel, on my motherboard?

    THE PRECEDING REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF THE AUTHOR
   AND NOT, NECESSARILY, THE VIEWS OF EDWARD JONES.

1. HELP : SB16 ASP SCSI 2 & NEC CDR 210 & LINUX

HELLO,

I'VE PURCHASED A SLACKWARE LINUX VERSION AND WOULD LIKE TO USE MY NEC CDR 210 BUT
WHEN I USE THE AHA152X DRIVER THE SYSTEM ONLY HANG ON WHEN DECTECTING THE CDROM

I READ IN THE DOCS THAT THE CDR 210 DID'NT SUPPORT THE TRANSMISSIONS WITH PARITY
CHECKING AND I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO TO REMOVE THE PARITY BIT OR WHERE TO
FIND A KERNEL SUPPORTING MY CDROM

THANX A LOT.

2. .X11-pipe/.X11-unix permissions and vnc/lbxproxy

3. linux & SB16 pro asp ide

4. Dosemu install failure!

5. SB16 SCSI2 & Toshiba 3401B

6. don't create regular files in devfs

7. SB16 ASP/SCSI-2 Opinions?

8. RH7.3 RAM

9. SB16/ASP support, keyrepeat speed and other troubles

10. SB16 ASP supported by LINUX ver.1.1.54?

11. Linux and SB16/ASP

12. ASP Extensions to Apache using Apache::ASP Perl Module

13. Apache and ASP(Apache::ASP giving hell)