Linux and ISA/PCI motherboard with on-board I/O and UMC chipset??

Linux and ISA/PCI motherboard with on-board I/O and UMC chipset??

Post by Ernest Oport » Tue, 29 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I just bought a 486 motherboard (Award Legal BIOS, UMC chipset) that has
on-board I/O, which in part of the PCI bus.  The board says it includes a
driver for DOS/Windows which improves performance and allows up to 4 IDE
devices.  I'm wondering if there is such a driver for Linux, or if it will work
fine (though at reduced performance) without the driver.

-Ernie

--
A SysAdmin Dude - Mentor Graphics Corp, Warren, NJ 07059 - Linux, Linux, Linux