Can't access network

Post by <abag.. » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:00:00

      I am trying to add a Linux RHL 6.2 client computer in our NT domain.
I installed it and seems like I'm having a problem accessing the internet.
I could ping the default gateway (member server) and the rest of the domain
computers. Do I have to reconfigure something else? How do I check if have
samba server installed?
      How do I set up my HP LJ 4Plus network printer. Will I have to wait
'til this computer works with the network before I could configure it to
work with the printer?
      I don't know if this is enough info to fix the problem. Let me know
if you need more details.

Thanks,

Art

Can't access network

Post by U. Siege » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>       I am trying to add a Linux RHL 6.2 client computer in our NT domain.

If you wan't to connect to the NT domain you might get a problem due to the
different password encryption algorithm. May be the samba documentation will
give you further information. Also, afaik, linux provides only NETBIOS via
TCP/IP.

Quote:

> I installed it and seems like I'm having a problem accessing the internet.
> I could ping the default gateway (member server) and the rest of the domain
> computers. Do I have to reconfigure something else? How do I check if have
> samba server installed?

Use "rpm -qa | grep samba" to check if samba was installed.
Quote:

>       How do I set up my HP LJ 4Plus network printer. Will I have to wait
> 'til this computer works with the network before I could configure it to
> work with the printer?
>       I don't know if this is enough info to fix the problem. Let me know
> if you need more details.

> Thanks,

> Art

> --

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. set-up DSL?

3. Problems with LILO setup, large hard disk

4. Networked two linux computers, can't access files across?

5. scripting sftp transfers

6. Can't access my network neighborhood

7. Problem with tcp wrapper on newly installed Solaris 8 system

8. Can't access Apache on local network

9. new linux box added to network can't access internet

10. Netscape can't access "localhost" without network connected?

11. Can't access network- STIOCSIFFLAGS error

12. Machines on local area network can't access internet