linux on sparc

Post by Marcelo Rodrigue » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Uh, I don't know about HP-SUX, I assume you mean "Slowlaris". For Sparc,
> you have several options: Solaris ($340), Redhat Linux (~$79?),
>UltraLinux (?), NetBSD (~$30) and OpenBSD ($30). You make the call.

 Just wanted to add that Sun is now offering Solaris for the price of media.
Of course, it is only available for free for non commercial use. It should
cost
about $10.

linux on sparc

Post by John Hage » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>  Just wanted to add that Sun is now offering Solaris for the price of media.
> Of course, it is only available for free for non commercial use. It should
> cost
> about $10.

You have to qualify as a Solaris developer. Yo fill out an online
application and someone/something reviews it. I doubt that I could
qualify myself, but if you can - bon appettit!

Cheers,

--

=============================

1. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

I have a sparc 2 (40mhz...Weitek upgrade to 80 in some cases.. SBUS proprietary
slots)
Sparc 10 has proprietary SBUS slots but can take  2 processesors of  various
grades of
CPU(they must be identical) . Both of these designs are roughly 7+ years old.
Both
run SOLARIS  2.6 Both have I believe SCSI 2.  The ultrasparc is a single 300+
mhz (various grades) with standard PCI slots and maybe IDE drives...

Sincerely,

J.C. Magras

2. How do I set up getty to utilize my dialup modem line?

3. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

4. failed password for "root" in logs

5. SPARC SunOs 4.x or SPARC Solaris appls under Linux

6. How do I set up the RH files on my FTP server for users to install from ?

7. Sparc Linux and sparc clones

8. Help, Swapper space getting full

9. Sparc-Linux <==> Sparc-Solaris inter-operability?

10. Sparc/Linux and Tadpole Sparc Book 3

11. Red Hat Sparc Linux on a Sparc 10/51

12. Connecting Sparc Station 5 (RH 6.0 for Sparc) and SuSE 6.4 via NFS

13. SPARC 5 vs. SPARC 10 as web server