ASUS A8N-VM CSM: GeForce 6150/nForce 430 work with Fedora and latest nVidia drivers?

ASUS A8N-VM CSM: GeForce 6150/nForce 430 work with Fedora and latest nVidia drivers?

Post by dill » Thu, 05 Jan 2006 00:47:03

Hello,

I *have* tried to log in on the nvidia forum first, but it hangs at the
registration page (using Firefox on Knoppix)...

I would really like to buy an ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard with
the GeForce 6150 + nForce 430 chipset, because it fits my HW
needs perfectly. However, I need to run Fedora Core and other
versions of Linux on it.

My question is if the latest binary drivers from nVidia, those
released just before Christmas, have been already confirmed to work
with Linux and that chipset combination.

Is anybody already running Linux on that motherboard or chipset? How does it
perform? Are you satisfied?

Which kernel version and/or specific distribution is required?

Which functions will be NOT available (DVI output, SATA II, whatever)?

Generally speaking, what should I do/check/install/configure
to use such a chipset under Linux? Any pointer is welcome, but
first of all I need to know if I can buy that motherboard or not.
It's perfect for my needs, but only if I *can* use everything it's on it.

Thanks in advance for any information,

dillo