XFree86 3.1.2E on a TI Extensa 570CDT

Post by Steven Karataglidi » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I've recently bought a Texas Instruments Extensa 570CDT notebook with
the intention of running Linux and X. Linux (RedHat 3.03) is running
with no problems, but I can't bring up X (running XFree86 3.1.2E,
containing the correct video driver for the laptop - Cirrus Logic
GD-7543). The problem probably lies in that I don't know the laptop
monitor specs and this causes no end of problems when I try to startx.
If anyone has been able to successfully run X on this or a similar
machine, please let me know. I'd appreciate the help!

Steven Karataglidis.