AGP video card, TV tuner and capture card

AGP video card, TV tuner and capture card

Post by Antonio Gonzalez-Arroy » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

   I am planning to buy a new PC. I am a Slackware Linux user.
 The point is that I want advice, experiences, suggestions, etc
  concerning what AGP video card and PAL-TV tuner with video capture
 card should I buy. The best would be a card including everything like
 the ALL-IN-WONDER Pro card. But I think this does not support Linux.
 I have seen the BTTV page. But I want to make sure of the following
features.
    a) I want the AGP video card to be accelerated under Linux
    b) I want to be able to have  resizable TV windows
    c)  I want to access teletext
    d)  I want to be able to capture video sequences

           If you can help me in some way in my decision I would be very

 grateful and I will put my experience to the service of  future

           Thank you very much

           Antonio Gonzalez-Arroyo
           Departamento de Fisica Teorica
           Univ. Autonoma de Madrid
            Madrid, SPAIN

Post by brent verne » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>    I am planning to buy a new PC. I am a Slackware Linux user.
>  The point is that I want advice, experiences, suggestions, etc
>   concerning what AGP video card and PAL-TV tuner with video capture
>  card should I buy. The best would be a card including everything like

>  the ALL-IN-WONDER Pro card. But I think this does not support Linux.
>  I have seen the BTTV page. But I want to make sure of the following
> features.
>     a) I want the AGP video card to be accelerated under Linux
>     b) I want to be able to have  resizable TV windows
>     c)  I want to access teletext
>     d)  I want to be able to capture video sequences

>            If you can help me in some way in my decision I would be
> very
>  grateful and I will put my experience to the service of  future

>            Thank you very much

>            Antonio Gonzalez-Arroyo
>            Departamento de Fisica Teorica
>            Univ. Autonoma de Madrid
>             Madrid, SPAIN

check out the video4linux page...
http://roadrunner.swansea.uk.linux.org/v4l.shtml

hth.
--brent

Post by Henrik Carlqvis » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>  I have seen the BTTV page. But I want to make sure of the following
> features.
>     a) I want the AGP video card to be accelerated under Linux

I will let someone else give you advices on the graphics card, but I
have experience from the bttv driver with a hauppauge win-TV PCI.

Quote:>     b) I want to be able to have  resizable TV windows

Works fine, however resizing works in steps of about 50 pixels.

Quote:>     c)  I want to access teletext

It is possible, however, I haven't been able to do this without first
downloading them as files which later is converted for viewing.

Quote:>     d)  I want to be able to capture video sequences

A program called bttvgrab works fine for this.

regards Henrik

--
spammer strikeback:

1. mutiple tv tuner cards and video capture cards, help needed

Hello,

I am an absolute novice to linux.
I'll appreciate your help.

I'd like to setup multiple TV tuner cards(FOUR tuner cards to be
exact) in one computer.
The sole purpose of this is to watch 4 different Video signals
SIMULTANEOUSLY, however, no video capturing is needed, in
fact, the computer will not be utilized for any other computational
functions other than simultaneous display of 4 different
video signals.
Each video input signal will be normal NTSC signal feed(such as
Camcorder line-out) through normal RCA video jack.
One may call it a linux multiplexor.

I hear Mandrake is newbie-friendly, can this be achieved under
mandrake?
What card? tuner card or capture card? Since no tuning or capturing is
needed, either type will do. What card of this sort is
more linux friendly? (Does Mandrake handle USB TV tuners or USB video
capture devices?)
What TV tuner program? KwinTV?
Will 4 PCI cards in one computer perform simultaneously without
conflicts(IRQ, etc)?

Any and all possible problems I may encounter in this setup?

Thank you all.

PS
I do not want to use USB cameras or any other cameras that utilize
signal standards other than NTSC.

2. Bridging firewall with multiple subnets

3. mutiple tv tuner cards/video capture cards, newbie question

4. ftp is connect, but the data transfer hanging!!!

5. video capture and TV tuner card

6. install guide printing problem & disk series a does'nt recognized

7. TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

8. Linux vs Windows - Speed & Noise

9. Video Capture Card/TV Tuner

10. TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

11. Zoltrix TV MAX tv tuner and vid capture card..

12. TV capture card without video card ?

13. PenCam, Mp3 Player and AM/FM/TV Tuner/Capture card