suse 7.0 and onboard promise ata 100

Post by J. Fische » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have an asus a7v mainboard with an onboard promise ata 100 udma controler.
I installed suse 7.0 (kernel 2.2.16) on a standard ide drive (I tried this
on a UDMA-drive
and it works on the ide-connector). After installation I couldn't mount any
Harddisk, connected to the promise controler. The standard suse-kernel
should work with udma-drives. But how can I use my drives, connected to the
promise controler?

thanks, jfi

1. SuSe 7.0 and Asus A7V promise ATA-100

Hi All,

I just got SuSe 7.0 and trying to install it on a
Asys MoBo A7V with a Quantum Fireball plus 20,4 as master on the ATA100
interface and a Seagate Barracuda 20,4 as slave on the ATA100. The first
problem
was that Suse didn't recognise both HD. After downloading a special boot
flop from
the Suse site is does find the harddisk during boot but after that the
system hangs.

Has any body seen this before or knows a solution to this problem ?

Grtx Jacob

2. shrinking filesystem in AIX 5.2 - is it possible?

3. Promise/Maxtor Ultra ATA/100 driver for RedHat 7.0?

4. RedHat's name, where did it really come from?

5. Installing RedHat 7.0 with Promise ATA/100 controller

6. Finding SWAP space used by a process

7. promise fasttrak 100 + suse 7.0 problems

8. 3Com Etherlink XL 10/100 driver ????

9. HPT 370 ATA/100 Onboard Controller

10. Promise ATA 100 and boot problems (lilo/linux)

11. bug with promise ata 100 controler on asus a7v

12. Promise IDE ATA-100 controller on ASUS A7V133

13. Promise ATA 100 boot setup for linux