Fax board suggestions???

Post by Chris L » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for a low/moderate (<$400 if possible) cost send/recieve fax
solution for a small business. I would like to use our Linux server to
receive all of our faxes and either print them or e-mail them to the users
but I need a decent board that is compatible with all of our customers fax
boards. Do I really need a real fax only board or would a higher end
fax/modem like 3Com Courier V.Everything work? Any suggestions would help.

Chris L.

Fax board suggestions???

Post by Dave Wei » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I am looking for a low/moderate (<$400 if possible) cost send/recieve fax
> solution for a small business. I would like to use our Linux server to
> receive all of our faxes and either print them or e-mail them to the users
> but I need a decent board that is compatible with all of our customers fax
> boards. Do I really need a real fax only board or would a higher end
> fax/modem like 3Com Courier V.Everything work? Any suggestions would help.

Check out hylfax at http://www.veryComputer.com/'re not familiar with
linux you will probably be better off finding a precompiled version of it
as hylafax can be a pain at times to get running, but is great once it's
up. you can print to fax from windows and mac clients and set up mail to

via fax.

dave

--
David Weis                | 10520 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50322

When they took the Fourth Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal *.
When they took the Fifth Amendment, I was quiet because I was innocent.
When they took the Second Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.
Now they've taken the First Amendment and I can't say anything.

1. Suggestion for a fax programme?

Hello everybody!

        Could anybody make me a suggestion about a good utility to handle
faxes? I have been asked to install a program that allows some users to send
faxes from the computer to a fax machine. I am not interested in commercial
software, you know :-) Our machine is a Sparc running Solaris 2.4, and we have
a fax/modem connected to the serial port. That modem is also used to
login from the outside.

I understand that Hylafax (from GNU) is used to send faxes from a computer
to another computer running a server for that purpose. Am I wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.
Saludos,

                Julio

2. subscribe

3. Suggestions on fax modem/software needed

4. Compiling the kernel

5. Fax software for Linux -- suggestions

6. shared mem, buffer cache and chunk size ?

7. Newbie: Suggestions for easy to install FAX software?

8. Wordperfect 8.0 gunzip

9. I need recommendations on multi-port serial board + fax/modem comm prog.

10. FA (relisted): Brooktrout TR114 I4L - Intelligent FAX Board

11. Aztech sound/fax/modem board help

12. Dialogic/Gammalink Fax Board Support?

13. fax board for rs/6000