Radeon8500 / Redhat 7.2 / XFree 4.2.0

Post by Carsten Steffense » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 01:47:49

Hi

I have a really weird problem with my Radeon8500 Gfx card.
After installing XFree 4.2 the card is supported and runs nicely in all
resolutions up to 1600x1200.

Unfortunately it is impossible to get any higher refreshrates than 60Hz at
1600x1200
My Vertical and Horizontal rates are specified correctly in the config file.

dekstop realesate  :)

Anyone knows how to force 70 Hz update in 1600x1200 ??

Thanks for any help, and i hope this is the right group.

/Carsten Steffensen

Radeon8500 / Redhat 7.2 / XFree 4.2.0

Post by Dances With Crow » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:08:13

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:47:49 +0200, Carsten Steffensen staggered into
the Black Sun and said:

> I have a really weird problem with my Radeon8500 Gfx card.

> Unfortunately it is impossible to get any higher refreshrates than
> 60Hz at 1600x1200
> My Vertical and Horizontal rates are specified correctly in the config
> file.

But are the Modelines specified correctly?  If there are no Modelines
specified in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 , then X will use a standard
modeline, calculated in a conservative way.  You can attempt to force
things up higher by telling X that the Hsync and Vsync ranges have more
on the high end than they really do--modern monitors will not blow up if
they get a signal they can't deal with.

Or you can read the HOWTO at
   http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO/index.html
and try that out.  Warning:  Math involved.

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /

1. overlay problem with Matrox G450 in RedHat 7.2 (XFree 4.1)

Hello
I have P4 machine with Matrox g450 dual head and RedHat linux 7.2
(XFree 4.1)
I try to configure an overlay support
I inserted
        Depth 24
        Option "Overlay" "True"
in "Device" section of XF86Config-4
X starts up fine, but glxinfo does not show addtional layers, and
sample overlay demo program included in qt library
(/usr/share/doc/qt-devel-2.1.3/examples/overlay) says that "The system
doest not support OpenGL overlays"

Can someone provide any hint please?

2. PROBLEM WITH MULTIPLE COPIES OF PRINTS OPENSERVER 5

3. Redhat 7.2 XFree running only at 300x200

4. Generating DSK and RDSK entries.

5. 3Dfx Voodoo working with XFree on RedHat 7.2 Alpha

6. Receiving email with attachment on Unix System ?

7. Newbie - Does RedHat 7.2 install XFree 4.1

8. Missing header files when adding a standard module

9. configuring gcc-2.7.2.x on redhat 7.2

10. RedHat 7.2 on THinkPad 7.2

11. install problems, redhat 6.2 vs redhat 7.2 on PC-104+ single board computer

12. Help: Upgrade from Redhat 7.1 to Redhat 7.2 results internet problem

13. Redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.4.x or Redhat 7.2 ?