12vdc fans

1. BE6 CPU Fan - Fan Voltages

Hi,
    back in Nov 99 I bought a BE6 based computer, largely to my own
spec.  It has a PIII-450(Katmai) with an Intel fan.

I noticed that the CPU fan was on Fan3 and changed it to Fan1. Shortly
after boot Winbond Doctor screeched and I was horrified to realise that
the fan was not running.
Winbond Hardware Doctor 2.10 does nit have an entry for the CPU fan.
Anybody know why that is?

I have tried adding 12v fans on Fan2 but without effect. It seems to me
that only Fan3 works. Naturally I can't measure the fan speed either.

Can anybody tell me what voltages should be present on the 3 pins?

As I wanted to overclock I have been forced to use mains voltage fans.

TIA,
     Tim

2. XFree86 and CL-GD5434

3. Extreme Cooling: Nidec Smart Fans - 43 CFM from a 80mm 12 volt fan !!

4. ipv6-tunnel, freenet6

5. fan noise fan control

6. MWM Window Manager

7. alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog declares war on alt.fan.power-rangers (was: Re: ATTENTION ALL REGS OF ALT.FAN.SON

8. my script to keep ppp connection

9. removing cooling fans--how dangerous?

10. attention football fans

11. Loud Fan noise in Sony PCV-RX650 under Linux

12. Thermal fans under Linux

13. Via C3 without Fan