ncr53c406a-no available ports found

Post by Ezy » Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I'm using the Acculogic ISApport 10p SCSI-Adapter under S.u.S.E.-Linux
4.4.1. The driver (ncr53c406a) doesn't support the card right, it always
stops working by prompting "ncr53c406a - no available ports found", when
using different ports than 0x330.

To fix that bug, edit the source-code "ncr53c406a.c" in the directory
"/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi".
In (or near) line 228 you'll find the definition
"static unsigned short port[]={0x230, 0x330}"
change this to
"static unsigned short port[]={0x130, 0x140, 0x330, 0x340}"

After recompiling the kernel, the card works just fine.

Thorsten Maerz

1. NCR53c406a: no available ports found

So I bring my new computer home, hook everything up and feed it
the Debian disc.  The installer shows me a bunch of messages about
the hardware detected, and then stops dead with
        "NCR53c406a: no available ports found"
What the heck does this mean?

Just in case this was a flaw in Debian rather than in my hardware,
I opened up a Red Hat box (bought both at the same time; at these
prices, redundancy can't hurt) to find that disc 1 was missing!

--
Anton Sherwood  *\\*  +1 415 267 0685  *\\*  http://www.jps.net/antons/
        If the list of newsgroups is long, I may limit followups to one or

2. #pragma pack compilation errors on Solaris 7

3. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

4. Users IPC committments

5. How to find nos. of cyl in HD ?

6. interrupted system calls

7. Finding an available port

8. open fd's and an strace

9. How to find whether a particular ip:port is available??

10. How to find No: of serial ports available through system calls

11. how to find if a port is available?

12. Jikes port available in /usr/ports

13. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?