Help: NexStor Drivers.

Post by Robert Willia » Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I know that Linux programmers find that the 53c700-66 is messy
enough that it is suggested that it will not become one of the
supported scsi controllers.  I have an NXT-82 (a VLB with such
a chip) _without_ the drivers that enable it to find SCSI devices
connected to it when DOS is booted.

The Micron web site has drivers for the NXT-92 and NXT-93, but
the '82 is an old geezer. Can anyone suggest a source of DOS/WIN3.1x
drivers for that old card, so that I can make some DOS user happy
with an otherwise useless card?

Prethanks.

Robert Williams.
--

        You have the right to be offended.  That is an important right!

1. Nexstor NXT76 Drivers, EISA i960 SCSI

Hi.. I'm new to Linux.. ive dabbled for a while, but MS has finaly got
to me, and I am full on to leave as much of it behind as I can.

What I want to do:

I have a 486 DX50 EISA m/b and a Nexstor NXT76 SCSI card.
The SCSI card is based on an NCR 53C700 chipset, but the whole thing
has an on board BIOS, and an i960, not to mention a few simm slots for
cache. I would like to put these bits tigether with some old CPC SCSI
hard disks I have to form the basis of my first machine dedicated to
L.

Question:

Does anybody out there know if the NXT76 is supported at all, and if
so what do I have to do to get it into my kernal?

I have a semi friendlt guru, but only if I know what to do in the
first place.

Please help a newbie!

Mark

2. homemade terminal server?

3. P90 Plato Board & NexStor NXT-93 - help needed

4. printer question on RedHat 5.0

5. Help! NexStor NXT-82 not recognized

6. X - Nothing after login

7. Help: Linux install bombs with NexStor SCSI

8. unknown IPFilter problem

9. NexStor NXT-93 installation help

10. Help: Nexstor Nxt82 (53c700-66)-->which kernel/parameters?

11. NexStor VL-Bus SCSI Controller

12. NexStor NXT-74 EISA SCSI Host Adapter

13. NexStor PCI SCSI controller supported?