What to get - Viper330 ot Velocity 3D?

Post by Oleg Krivoshee » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi, All

i'm looking for PCI card and for about the same price is
able to get Velocity 3D with 8M or Diamond Viper330 with
4M. The question is what is better?

As far as i understood, Vel 3D is based on S3Virge/VX,
ramdacs at 220 MHz, while Viper330 has 230mhz ramdacs.

Questions:

1. What card is better in 2D?

2. What card is better supported in XFree ?

3. Because i'm using Win95 from time to time to play games,
  is there any advantages between cards for */3D ?
  (Quake support, OpenGL etc)

4. What are card physical lengths ? I discovered
   i can fit only card about 7 inch long...

thanks a lot in advance

OK

1. Need help with STB Velocity 3D S3 Virge 3D chipset

Hello,

I am a newbie with Linux.  Please help me out.
I have a STB Velocity 3D graphic card and I installed Redhat 4.0 on my
computer. It works fine with the vga16 server under 600X480 resolution,
but I want to be able to take advantage of my graphic card.  Is there
any way I could use higher resolutions with this card.  Is there an
upgrade that I can download or something. If there is could you tell me
where to get it and how to install it.

thanks

2. using sun monitor as a giant xterm

3. STB Velocity 3D virge vx

4. amd k6-2 + via vp3 + millenium g200 = ???

5. The best config for a STB Velocity 128 3D ?

6. Why was "time" service removed?

7. STB Velocity 3D Video card

8. WSS compatible sound card

9. Problems with PCI Bus and STB Velocity 3D setup/install

10. STB Velocity 3D and Metro-X

11. STB Velocity 3D ( VIRGE/VX) Setup [ Has anyone done it ???)

12. STB Velocity 3D and Impression 3 plus

13. Best X-server for STB Velocity 3D