PCI token ring support needed

Post by Dan Crome » Fri, 17 May 1996 04:00:00

Hello, all,
     Has anyone gotten linux to run on a PCI token ring card?  I'm in the
process of purchasing some systems, and would like to know if there is any
PCI token ring card that will work, or the status of any efforts to
migrate the ISA token ring support.

Dan
--
Daniel H. Cromer, Jr.
Director, Information Resources

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. Text->Postscript converters

3. Need Info: Solaris x86 Supports IBM PCI Token Ring & S3 Trio3D?

4. Three IDE drives....

5. IBM PCI Token-Ring Adapter Supported?

6. interrupted connect()

7. IBM LANStreamer token ring PCI support

8. What would I have to do to get connected to NT mail?

9. Support for RACORE PCI Token Ring Adapter?

10. PCI Token Ring support & Promiscuous mode

11. IBM PCI Token-ring card support

12. IBM PCI Token-Ring Support

13. Support for RACORE PCI Token ring Adapter?