PAL issue with bttv

Post by lsi.. » Wed, 10 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've a problem with the bttv driver :

-all the SECAM frequencies are ok.
-the PAL and PAL-S2 frequencies are ok.
-but I can't see PAL-S1 frequencies or frequencies below 300MHZ

1 year ago, I've made some tweak and I was able to see such frequencies,
but now I'm unable to remember the 'tips'.

I use a standard miroPCTV. with tuner type 3 for SECAM and tuner type 0
for PAL&PAL-S2. The best I can do for PAL-S1 frequencies is to choose
another card than mine but with that I can just see PAL-S1 frequencies in
black&white format without sound and with poor quality ( and with that,
only PAL-S1 frequencies ).

I hope that you now the solution to my little issue ;-)

Oh and yes, my configuration :
        kernel 2.2.X
        and I use XawTV ( with frequencies.c modified with my own
frequencies )

        Best Regards
        Laurent SIMON

1. bttv audio issue

Hi
I have a problem I have built in 'c' a simple app which dumps images from
the bttv card to the jpeg file. I would now like to create mpeg with audio
and video together. I have two questions:
- what is the library suggested to use to create mpeg files
- how to get the sound and combine with video to make a synchronized stream,
I think I can use bttv ioctl but how to retrieve the sound buffer then I do
not know, does somebody has a few line of example code how to best do this.

Regards Tomek

2. tape drives and disks for Ultra 10

3. bttv issues

4. solaris 7 patch 106541-15

5. WinTV GO and PAL system

6. XF86 lock file location?

7. Convert VGA to NTSC/PAL Video Box

8. test

9. Meteor PPB: Problem with PAL image

10. TV tuner Pal?

11. mkisofs and PAL dvd-video images

12. PAL, NTSC, muxing, VCD, DVD, DiVX....WTF?!?

13. 4-port VGA card with PAL/NTSC outputs?