Sony CDU-55E driver

Post by Julie Bielski - jbiels » Fri, 07 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Is there a driver in the works for the Sony CDU-55E CD-ROM drive and if
so, where is it located?  If there is not, what are people with this CD-ROm
drive using in the mean time?  Thank you,

J. Bielski

Sony CDU-55E driver

Post by Ted Davi » Sat, 08 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

> Is there a driver in the works for the Sony CDU-55E CD-ROM drive and if
> so, where is it located?  If there is not, what are people with this CD-ROm
> drive using in the mean time?  Thank you,

> J. Bielski

I recently had the same problem.  I was able to use DOS and it's associated device
drivers to access my IDE cdrom.  I copide the entire slackware distribution from
the cdrom onto my dos drive.  I then told the slackware install program that the
source for it's install was /dev/hda? my dos drive.  slackware cheerfully installed
from this source, and rather quickly I might add.  This could save you a lot of
download time.

Sony CDU-55E driver

Post by Jim Maun » Sat, 08 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Is there a driver in the works for the Sony CDU-55E CD-ROM drive and if
>so, where is it located?

Get latest idecd kernel from sunsite.unc.edu (I have 1.2.1).  Mine shows
up as hdc at boot.  Yours could also be hda, hdb or hdd.

Jim

1. Driver available for Sony CDU-55E 2X IDE CD-ROM?

We use these drives frequently w/o any problems, but I can't find
a driver to work w/ Linux.  Is one available?

Thanks,
Kevin McCarthy

--
*             Look to us for all your computer hardware needs!            *

*  Phone: (505)292-4346    FTP our spec sheets from onyx.zynet.com        *
*  Fax:   (505)292-4324    Visit our home page!  http://onyx.zynet.com    *

2. gimptool missing from RedHat 6.0

3. Sony CDU-55E CDROM -- will the alpha NEC CDR-260 driver work?

4. for i in `cat file` ... separator=\n instead of whitespace

5. Sony CDU-55E - Need boot disk image to load linux from cdrom

6. RADIUS

7. CDROM Sony CDU-55E occasional hangup???

8. FIND:source for PERL & SHtoBIN

9. Sony CDU-55E on 1.1.76

10. SONY CDU-55E CD-ROM Installation?

11. IDE CDROM - SONY CDU-55E

12. Sony cdu-55e

13. Trouble w/ Sony CDU-55E and Slackware 2.3