Mitsumi FX001 CDROM - can read data CD and not audio CD

Mitsumi FX001 CDROM - can read data CD and not audio CD

Post by Jones M » Sun, 10 Sep 1995 04:00:00

After installing slackware from O found out that it did not leave me with a
CD-ROM aware kernel.  I recompiled the kernel with CD-ROM and sound card
support
This is part of my boot-up message so I assume that my CD-ROM and sound card
have been properly configured.
..
snd2 <SoundBlaster 2.1> at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1
snd1 <Yamaha 2-OP FM> at 0x388 irq 0 drq 0
hda: QUANTUM LIGHTNING 730A, 696MB w/96KB Cache, LBA, CHS=708/32/63, MaxMult=8
hdb: FX001DE, ATAPI, CDROM drive
ide0: primary interface on irq 14
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
..
Partition check:
  hda: hda1 hda2
hdb: media changed
VFS: Disk change detected on device 3/64
Max size:331758   Log zone size:2048
First datazone:76   Root inode number 155648
ISO9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
..
Now I'm able to read data CD-ROMs but cannot play audio CDs using workbone or
workman.  I am not able to mount an audio CD after unmounting the data CD.  The
How-To says audio CDs are not to be mounted before playing them, but workbone
cannot find the audio CD, and the mount command does not work on the audio
CDs??

I'm a linux newbie so you gurus out there help me please.
There's probably something more I need to do to get the audio CDs to play but
the How-To I have is silent on this.
Thank you
JonesMB
Music - the licensed medium for saying in public things that are too silly
or too sacred to be uttered in ordinary speech

           http://www.ecgf.uakron.edu/~el6501/pagejmb.html

Mitsumi FX001 CDROM - can read data CD and not audio CD

Post by Damian R. Kanar » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

 I have a Mitsumi 2x running off of a SB MCD - same problem.
Solution? For $200 I got the 4x panasonic 574 IDE drive. Works
like a charm...

Damian

1. X-CD-Roast reads data CDs but not audio under RH6.2

Okay, this has me really stumped. We have been
running xcdroast-0.96e under RH6.1 for quite a
long while with very few problems. Recently, we
upgraded from 6.1 to 6.2, and this seemed to break
xcdroast in a most unusual way. The program still
reads data (i.e., iso9660) CDs, but no longer
recognizes the CD drive whenever an audio CD is
entered. I originally thought that this was a
problem with the gtcd program automagically
reading the audio CDs, but when I disabled that in
the gnome configuration, the problem remained. We
have a Plextor PlexWriter 8/20 CD-R, on a SCSI
interface. Thank you for letting me know

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. xmm2 - monitor Linux MM active/inactive lists graphically

3. Reading audio CDs with Mitsumi CDROM

4. What happens if I upgrade to a new version of libc?

5. OOPs reading audio data from CD, ide-cd.

6. Mail from HP to Sun

7. Reading Audio CD Data from CDROM Drive?

8. Shutting down Qpop

9. Won't read music CD, will read data cd?

10. SB16 and Mitsumi FX001 CD - still won't install

11. Linux & Mitsumi CD-ROM FX001 ?? How ??

12. Mitsumi X2 CD-ROM, FX001

13. Old X2 Mitsumi FX001 CD-ROM