Gateway PS/2 Mouse Driver

Post by Ferranti-Thomson Sonar System » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I have now installed Linux on about 10 machines at my workplace
and have had no trouble with it at all. That's until saturday
when I installed the system on a Gateway 2000 machine which has a
Microsoft compatible mouse in the style of PS/2 built into the
mother board. The problem is that after booting X windows, the
mouse does not repsond correctly, it hangs round the top left
corner all the time, only moving away if you drag it away real
fast, but then it still springs back. At boot up the mouse is
reconised as a PS/2 style mouse, but when leaving X windows, an
error is returned about mouse position cannot be determined (fd).

Any infomation or ideas/drivers would be most helpful, thanks.
I do not actually have access to usenet much, so if you could
email any infomation regarding Linux on Gateways, to:

Cheers

1. Microsoft PS/2 bus mouse on Gateway 2000

We have some new Gateway 2000 Pentium machines with a PS/2 type busmouse, and
the mouse itself is a Microsoft 2-button thing.  Slackware 2.0.1, which means
kernel 1.0.9, XFree86 2.1 I guess.

I've notice that usually there is no response to a button press on the mouse.
I have to jiggle the mouse slightly from side to side to have a button press
be seen.  Is this normal? intentional? a bug? a feature?

2. unable to load interpretor

3. Microsoft PS/2 Mouse on Gateway 75 and kernel 2.0.0

4. IBM RS6000 F30 Available !

5. Problem with PS/2 mouse on Gateway

6. autologout SCREWED UP!!!

7. Gateway 2000 with PS/2 mouse crashes X !

8. tcl/python script to compile KDE?

9. PS/2 mouse - Gateway 2000 - no go with Metro-X

10. Metro-X, PS/2, Mouse problems, Gateway 2000

11. mouse PS/2 Gateway P5-60

12. PS/2 Mouse with Gateway recource probelm.

13. MOUSE: PS/2 type on Gateway 2000