scsi_free KERNAL PANIC

Post by Setze » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install Red Hat 5.2 onto a COMPAQ 6150 Pentium Pro.

Auto Probe finds the CD-ROM and SCSI hard drive just fine.  Once the
packages begin to copy to the HD the systems freezes and returns the
following error message:

    scsi_free: Trying to free unused memory in swapper task - not syncing

The install program uses the scsi driver for the adapter:  AM53C974.

Any help with a fix or work-around would be greatly appreciated.

**
          Dan  Setzer       Baltimore, MD  USA

            "I tried thinking once, but it didn't woik."
                Curly {Formerly of the Three Stooges}

1. HELP : Kernal Panic when rebooting with new Kernal

I went through the steps to build a new kernal.  I copied the
old kernal to a *.old file and put the new kernal in the /boot
directory.  When I rebooted with lilo I got a kernal panic.
My first idea was to use the boot disk I made when I installed RedHat
4.1 to boot the system and then put the kernal back in place.
I booted from the floppy and typed rescue at the lilo prompt, but
it just went to the installation screens.  Can I save my system
or should I reinstall?
Thanks,
Jim

2. stream of errors on new install

3. kernel panic: scsi_free :Trying to free used memory

4. SSO vs. Admin

5. Kernel panic: scsi_free:Trying to free unused memory

6. damn swell book on GTK+ and GDK

7. SCSI Drive Problems -- Kernel Panic: scsi_free

8. connection to internet

9. Kernel Panic (and Operator):scsi_free

10. Kernel panic: scsi_free: Bad offset

11. Kernel Panic: scsi_free: trying to free unused memory

12. Kernal panic errors!

13. HELP - KERNAL PANIC - SCSI Disk Request Error.