SCSI driver for Internal SCSI device Compaq Prosignia

SCSI driver for Internal SCSI device Compaq Prosignia

Post by buure » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Does anybody know of the existance of a Linux-SCSI driver for the
internal SCSI device of the Compaq Prosignia. (486-DX2-66)
(NT sees this SCSI device as an NCR 53C710 device)

TIA

--
--------------------
Joop van Buuren

The only thing you can take from NATURE is pictures
The only thing you can leave behind in NATURE are footprints

Post by Ross Irvi » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

: Does anybody know of the existance of a Linux-SCSI driver for the
: internal SCSI device of the Compaq Prosignia. (486-DX2-66)
: (NT sees this SCSI device as an NCR 53C710 device)

There is currently no intel drivers for this chipset..

Regards.

--

B.App Sci (Comp Sci), CNA        Still working on the CNE....
Communications & Network Admin   Phone GSM : +61 419 565232

1. compaq prosignia scsi drivers?

I would like to install LINUX on my Compaq Prosignia (EISA, 66MHz Pentium
with integrated/on-board (?) SCSI controller) and failed so far, as no
appropriate driver for the SCSI controller seems to be part of the
distribution that I am using (S.u.S.E 5.0, Kernel 2.0.3x) - automatic
detection does not work (probably for the same reason).

Could somebody please help me with this? What could I try - other drivers
(NCR???) ? Where would I find the appropriate driver?

Thanks a lot!

Gerald

PS: I know the QVision 2000 (Matrox) video adapter is not supported by freeX
and I should get a new PC which is currently out of the question or install
an additional SCSI adapter but I would rather not invest in this old
technology (EISA). For now basic command line and maybe VGA would be fine for
me, but of course I need to access my disk and CD...

2. problem booting linux 1.3.46 and 1.3.47, and CD problem

3. compaq prosignia scsi-driver

4. Redhat 8 Serial Install, Input Problem

5. NCR53c710 EISA SCSI driver & Compaq ProSignia?

6. anyone experience with DLT70???

7. compaq prosignia scsi drivers?

8. PC64-275 trouble

9. which linux SCSI driver to use for Compaq DUAL Wide Ultra SCSI-3 controller

10. Compaq ProSignia with NCR 53c710 SCSI

11. Compaq Prosignia SCSI???

12. Compaq Prosignia/Proliant SCSI Controller & linux

13. Emergency boot flop only finds second SCSI-HDD on Compaq Prosignia