I\'m running Linux 7.0 and have a HP Deskjet 970cse. I tried installing the
driver on this www.linuxprinting.org site written by Rene' Harsch but am
having trouble. I'm new to LINUX and am not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Can anyone help me? Below, I have documented my environment and error log.
1) I have gs in the /usr/bin directory (version 5.50)
2) I have the lpd-o-matic description file for the 970cse driver in the
/usr/local/bin. It is named lpd-o-matic.cgi
3) I have the lpdomatic perl script in the /usr/local/sbin. The file is
4) My printcap file looks like this:
5) After setting the debug flag in the lpdomatic perl script, I tried this
print command: lpr -P lp SplitterI.java
I then got this error in the /temp/prnlog
Lpdomatic backend version $Revision: 1.5 $ running... So, in summary, what does this mean? I did not see my printer budge at Thanks,
/usr/local/sbin/lpdomatic: called with arguments:
/usr/local/sbin/lpdomatic: unable to evaluate datablob
So, in summary, what does this mean? I did not see my printer budge at