AMD K6 chip and Linux

Post by Ukiah Smit » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

does any one know if the new AMD K6 chip will run Linux?  the K6 is
supposted to run win95 perfect.

AMD K6 chip and Linux

Post by Donovan Read » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> does any one know if the new AMD K6 chip will run Linux?  the K6 is
> supposted to run win95 perfect.

He-he. Nothing runs W95 perfect. But back to the point; the K6 runs
linux just fine. I run 2.0.29 on K5 and K6 systems without any hiccups.

We will be publishing some comparative benchmarks Real Soon Now. See our
URL.
--

Donovan Ready,
Lindsay Computer Systems

Before sending unsolicited e-mail, be sure to see
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html

1. Any advantages running AMD K6 vs. AMD K6-2 w/3DNow!

I've starting to build a new Linux box to replace my aging 486/33. I was
wondering if there were any advantages of choosing an AMD K6-2 w/3DNow! over
the older AMD K6? I won't be doing anything in 3D and the 100 MHz bus isn't
that important to me. Are there any other advantages, like if AMD improved
the FPU? Thanks!

--Dan

2. Checkpointing - Saving state - Dumping & Restoring the Heap & Stack - HOW???

3. How to install Linux Redhad 5.2 on a comp with a AMD K6 II chip

4. Help on skip-sunscreen

5. AMD-K6-2 chips and Linux

6. Restore stdio to normal state

7. Redhat 5.1 and Amd K6 chips, Problems???

8. STB Upgrade $$$ ?

9. AMD K6-2 or K6-3

10. AMD K6-2 vs. K6-III

11. AMD K6/K6-2, 3DNOW!, and MMX - where to start?

12. AMD k6-2 or k6-III

13. AMD K6 and K6-2