SlimSCSI & Modem (PCMCIA) do not work together

SlimSCSI & Modem (PCMCIA) do not work together

Post by Gregor von Laszews » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.hardware
Subject: SlimSCSI & Modem (PCMCIA) do not work together
Hi:

        I have a starnge problem with the combination of my PCMCIA
SlimSCSI card and PCMCIA modem crads. All cards I tested work seperatly.
But if I plug them in together in my machine, the modem does not work!

        I tried several different modems.

I run Slackware standard SCSI Linux 1.2.13

Does someone know how to fix this problem.
Well, they work under Windows3.11 and Winows95 just fine together.
So it seems to be possible.

Thank you Gregor

--

NPAC at Syracuse University * http://www.npac.syr.edu/users/gregor
111 College Place, Syracuse, NY 13244-4100

Post by David Hin » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

:       I have a starnge problem with the combination of my PCMCIA
: SlimSCSI card and PCMCIA modem crads. All cards I tested work seperatly.
: But if I plug them in together in my machine, the modem does not work!

:       I tried several different modems.

Have you checked the PCMCIA-HOWTO?

Are there any messages in your system log?

-- Dave Hinds

1. PCMCIA Grey Cell Network Card and PCMCIA Modem don't work together

Can anyone offer any help with the following problem.

I have a system running Redhat Linux 6.0. It is currently set up with a Grey
Cell Ethernet Gold II PCMCIA Card which is a network only card. I am now
trying to set the machine up to be able to use a modem. So far I have tried
two PCMCIA modems (the Xircom CreditCard Ethernet + Modem II and the Psion
Dacom Gold Card Global 56K V.90), with the same result. With the modem as
the only device plugged in, it works fine and can connect to my ISP without
any problems. When I have the network card plugged in as well as the modem,
the modem no longer works. When testing using minicom, I have been unable to
get any sort of response from the modem.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I would be grateful for any
suggestions that might help me solve the problem.

Thank you

Philip Ross

(If replying by email, remove the '*'s from my email address)

2. Login/accounting software for public access system

3. Old problem: Ethernet and Modem PCMCIA cards not working together

4. OT changing sasl password

5. pcmcia wavelan and disk do not work together

6. UMSDOS install problems

7. SCSI & Audio Together Not Working

8. ext2 problems in 2.4

9. LILO && NCR53C810 don't work together

10. pcmcia modem is not working

11. PCMCIA modem not working