Nsa cdrom nscd-2x-p1 supported?

Post by Janne Kukonleh » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to install Redhat 3.0.3 on a machine which has Nsa cdrom
drive model nscd-2x-p1. Does Linux kernel support this cdrom drive and
if so where can I get the correct kernel image and what are the correct
boot parameters for the kernel?

The drive has the following label:

  NSA CDROM DRIVE UNIT
      MODEL NSCD-2X-P1

The cdrom adapter card has following markings on it:

  MODEL No: CT 1810
    11899
  CREATIVE LABS, INC
    SB CD I/F
  SW422C

The Ms-Dos device driver outputs following during boot:

  E252X/E282X CD-ROM Device driver. Version 1.07
  Copyright (C) Funai Electric Co.,Ltd. 1993-1995
  I/O Port:0260 I/O Mode:PIO
  ID: E250 0.01

The kernel images shipped with Redhat 3.0.3 don't seem to recognize
this cdrom drive.

- Janne

1. NSA NSCD-2x drivers wanted (Panasonic-like?)

Is there any possibility to run a non-supportet
IDE CD-ROM under linux?
linux only supports very few and very old IDE cdroms, so my
cdrom works fine under DOS but isn`t recognized from linux drivers.

I have a NSA  NSCD-2X drive, handled like a Panasonic-drive by the
controller card.

so my questions:

1. is there any ftp-site with linux drivers (except SUNSITE)?

2. can I link a DOS driver to the linux kernel?

3. can I start a DOS driver with linux dosemu ?

4. any other tips and tricks ?

thank you,
ralph

2. Xmame & KDE211

3. Support for NSCD-2X-P non-ATAPI CDROM

4. 3rd Party Partition Managers

5. Driver for NSA/Funau 2x drive

6. Anybody using DFINET-400 Ethernet board?

7. NSA 2x cd-rom driver

8. C++ and OpenGL under Motif, GNOME

9. probs w/ NSCD-2x CD-ROM

10. LXYCON CDM-220 2X CDROM supported?

11. Solaris 9: nscd and nscd.conf - High cpu use.

12. nscd and nscd.conf

13. 7500e External Parallel 6X/2X/2X Rewritable Drive