Problems - ATI Xpert@Play and XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1

Post by TJ Mears, I » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

Using XF86Setup to generate XF86Config runs OK till it comes time to test
the configuration. Then it gives me nothing but hash and a blurred display,
regardless of the resolution/color depth. I've checked and re-checked, read
the README's, Release Notes, FAQ's. I'm not doing anything fancy - generic
101 keyboard, Logitech Marble FX trackball using PS/2 driver, any
resolution/color depth gratefully accepted. The Mach64 server is supposed to
work with this video card!!!
The only time anything affects the hash is if I set the options
"no_program_clocks", "no_bios_clocks", and "override_bios", then provide a
Modeline for standard 640x480 and a Clocks line. I get a stable and crisp
display now. However, what appears is 1/3 of the normal display repeated 3
times. Three vertical strips all containing the identical portion of the
display. But it's rock steady and as clear as a bell. If anyone out there
has one running, please help. Send XF86Config files, guesses, documents to
read, names. I really want to get this one running. BTW, this card works
beautifully under NT 4.0.
Thanks in advance,
TJ

Problems - ATI Xpert@Play and XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1

Post by J O'Conno » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems, the card is putting out a
horizontal/vertical sync frequency lower than my monitor can handle! If you get
any response please forward it to me.

Good luck,

John

--
John O'Connor
University of Manchester

M13 9PL                      url: http://www.ast.man.ac.uk/~joc/

1. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the either of these cards with
RedHat 5.2 or xfree86 3.3.2.  On RH's compatibility list it says the

What I would really like to know is this : is there a difference between

with RH 5.2.  Any suggestions of other relatively cheap (around $50) video
cards that are agp and work with RH 5.2 (out of the box) would be really
appreciated.
Dan Finn

2. Intercepting system calls

3. Linux Xfree86 runs on LX | VP-3 AGP motherboard slot with ATI Xpert@Play | Xpert@Work

4. connection refused on sparc2/netbsd1.5.2

5. XFree86 , Diamond Monster Fusion, and ATI XPERT@Play

6. rsh vs. rlogin problem

7. ATI Xpert@play AGP + XFree86 ??

8. Help Wanted, Work over the Internet

9. XFree86 thinks ATI Xpert@Play has only 2 MB

10. ati agp xpert98 8MB the same type as ati agp xpert@play 8MB 3D rage pro?

11. XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1 total system crash with SVGA Server w/ TNT

12. ATI XPERT@PLAY PCTV PROBLEM

13. x86: ATI xpert@play and AB2 install problems