HP DeskJet 400?

Post by Sergey O Dashevsk » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hey, does anyone know how to set up HP DeskJet 400 to print anything
meaningful? In my case it just prints one line and then bunches of
blank pages. Does anyone have the printcap and a filter for it?
Thanks!

Sergey Dashevskiy                                 (517) 333-0334
http://www.cps.msu.edu/~dashevsk                  (800) 513-1296

HP DeskJet 400?

Post by César da Sil » Sat, 11 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hey, does anyone know how to set up HP DeskJet 400 to print anything
>meaningful? In my case it just prints one line and then bunches of
>blank pages. Does anyone have the printcap and a filter for it?

I also have the same problem with my HP DeskJet 400. I also tried
using apsfilter with the same result.
Can you send a message to me if you solve this problem?

Thanks,
Csar da Silva

HP DeskJet 400?

Post by David Sega » Mon, 13 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hey, does anyone know how to set up HP DeskJet 400 to print anything
>meaningful? In my case it just prints one line and then bunches of
>blank pages. Does anyone have the printcap and a filter for it?
>Thanks!

>--
>Sergey Dashevskiy                                 (517) 333-0334
>http://www.cps.msu.edu/~dashevsk                  (800) 513-1296

If the DeskJet accepts PCL you can fix this either by filtering your
print file to insert Carriage Returns after each Line Feed (tr is fine
for this) or telling your printer to do it by sending it the PCL
command ESC&k2G. A more elegant solution is to install Ghostscript and
either apsfilter or magicfilter which will make your printer pretend
to understand various print formats including Postscript.

Profectus Pty Ltd                 Telephone: +61 3 9830 5026
25 Myrtle Road                    Fax: +61 3 9830 0959
Canterbury, VIC, 3126 AUSTRALIA

1. HP Deskjet 400 and GS

I am thinking of purchasing the above printer and would like to know how
succesfull you are in getting good results.

What drivers do you use with GS 4.xx to get these results.

--
Christopher Bayley

2. AIX SUPPORT

3. printing with an HP Deskjet 400

4. Wildcarding DJPEG

5. Red Hat Linux 5.1 and HP Deskjet 400

6. how to redirect console messages to /dev/ttyS0

7. fips/HP DeskJet 400

8. VBox sound quality

9. HP DeskJet 400 color?

10. HP Deskjet 400 script filters