problem with intel 100 pro ve

Post by Sam » Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:59:16

Yesterday I installed Debian woody (30r3) on my IBM r40. The network adaptor
is the intel 100 pro ve. It seems that the proper driver should be eepro100.
But when I tried to install it from a utility called modconf, I got error
message (device or resource busy, device not found, whatever). Anyone can
help?
Many thanks!

Post by Michael Perr » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:54:59

> Yesterday I installed Debian woody (30r3) on my IBM r40. The network adaptor
> is the intel 100 pro ve. It seems that the proper driver should be eepro100.
> But when I tried to install it from a utility called modconf, I got error
> message (device or resource busy, device not found, whatever). Anyone can
> help?
> Many thanks!

You probably need the e100 driver.  That's just a guess.  My ThinkPad T23
uses the eepro100 driver but perhaps they changed it at some point.  Good
place is to find the thinkpad linux mailing list archives on the web for
these kinds of questions.  Get some google action going :)

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda

1. Intel Pro 100+ 100% compatible with Pro 100B ?

         I would like to know if the currently available Intel Fast Ethernet
PCI NIC, the Pro 100+ is 100% backwards compatible with the previous
Pro 100B.
        That is, using the existing drivers for the 100B in FreeBSD and in
Windows NT 4.0 SP3, can I simply exchange the 100B with a 100+ ?

        Thanks.

Cheers,
Dan Ts'o, 212-327-7671, FAX: 212-327-7671
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave.  Box 138
New York, NY  10021

2. simm scam; save some $$$ :)

3. INTEL PRO/100 VE

4. Question about htaccess / htpasswd files

5. Intel Pro 100 VE Ethernet Card

6. PCI probe status cleanup

7. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help - newbie question

8. Strange Cursor

9. Intel PRO 100 VE

10. PCI ID Patch for Intel Ether Express Pro 100 VE (82801BA)

11. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help

12. Solaris 8 and Intel PRO/100 VE

13. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help - newbie question