Wanted: Boot image for Adaptec AHA-1510

Post by Scott Mollic » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I recently purchased Redhat Linux 4.0.  A boot image for my SCSI Adapter
is not supported in the 4.0 release.  Could anyone tell me where I can
get such a boot disk.  The SCSI HOWTO wasn't particulary helpful for
this problem.

Thanks,
Scott

Post by ThaKi » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> I recently purchased Redhat Linux 4.0.  A boot image for my SCSI Adapter
> is not supported in the 4.0 release.  Could anyone tell me where I can
> get such a boot disk.  The SCSI HOWTO wasn't particulary helpful for
> this problem.

> Thanks,
> Scott

I've been looking for the same boot image, so if you find it somewhere,
please let me know where.  I'll be eternally grateful.

Tx,

ThaKind

Wanted: Boot image for Adaptec AHA-1510

Post by Tom Shiel » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

You should not need it.  RH 4 will use the aha-1510 during installation,
however you have to tell it what to do.

I don't remember exactly,  but when it is looking for your cdrom (on the
aha-1510 I assume) you tell it to use aha152x driver, it will not
autodetect the aha-1510 since it has no bios.  You then tell it to use
the parameters

aha152x=0x340,11,7,1,1

where

0x340 is the port address of your 1510 card
11 is the interupt.

the rest should stay the same.  Then install should find your cd and you
can do your install.  Then once RH 4 is up on your hard disk you can
either recompile the 152x support in with the proper params for the 1510
(ask me later if you want the kernel tweak for this) or just load the
aha152x module (using insmod) with the parameters above.

good luck,

--
Tom Shield
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics