PCMCIA support for Motorola Mariner?

Post by Ken Pizzi » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have a Motorola Mariner V.34 + 10BaseT (plus other things) PCMCIA
card.  I have installed the pcmcia-cs-2.8.18 package and able to use it
as a modem just fine, but I have not been able to get it to work as an
Ethernet adaptor, much less as a dual-function card.  I've tried
pretending it was a Marquis, since that seems to have been Motorola's
predicessor to the Mariner, but without any success.

What information do I need to obtain in order to get started on adding
support for this card?  Or is someone already working on it?  Or is
it already supportable, but I just am too clueless to have figured out
the correct configuration parameters?

                --Ken Pizzini

PCMCIA support for Motorola Mariner?

Post by Bob Velk » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a Motorola Mariner V.34 + 10BaseT (plus other things) PCMCIA
>card.  I have installed the pcmcia-cs-2.8.18 package and able to use it
>as a modem just fine, but I have not been able to get it to work as an
>Ethernet adaptor, much less as a dual-function card.  I've tried
>pretending it was a Marquis, since that seems to have been Motorola's
>predicessor to the Mariner, but without any success.

>What information do I need to obtain in order to get started on adding
>support for this card?  Or is someone already working on it?  Or is
>it already supportable, but I just am too clueless to have figured out
>the correct configuration parameters?

You should setup the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts file first.

---
Bob Velkov

1. Motorola Mariner PCMCIA Support?

I am considering setting up linux on my laptop since it is on my desktop
currently. But, In order for it to be of any use to me I need to find out
if linux supports or is anyone working on support for the
Motorola Mariner combo 28.8 modem/fax/ethernet PCMCIA card.
Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/pointers to more info?
I looked at the PCMCIA card list and didnt see it, but I did see a few
other combo cards on there. Anyone working on a driver? Anyone need
help working on a driver? I'd really love to get linux going on my laptop
since it would be perfect for network troubleshooting and remote unix
adminstration off site.

Please email any and all responses since I cant keep up with this newsgroup
like I would like to.

Thanks for any help... Mike Cunningham

2. Slackware 3.6, PS2 M77 and 2.88 Floppy

3. Motorola Mariner PCMCIA Support??

4. Networking... Help me, i've lost it !

5. Motorola Mariner PCMCIA Card + linux?

6. Announce: Hypershow 0.01

7. Motorola PCMCIA Mariner & Sound card?

8. help needed: ppp0 problem

9. Does anyone have installed a Motorola Mariner on FBSD ?

10. Motorola Mariner 33.6 Network Driver

11. Mariner PCMCIA question...

12. only show the PCMCIA/CardBus submenu if "PCMCIA/CardBus support" is selected

13. Motorola wn825g pcmcia wireless - Power led wont switch on