Non-SCSI tape backups?

Post by Nathan A. Bake » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi --

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a relatively inexpensive
non-SCSI tape backup unit that works under RedHat 5.0.  I'd like to be
able to backup ~4-6GB of data.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
UC San Diego * McCammon Research Group
619/534-2798 * http://chemcca10.ucsd.edu/~nbaker/

Non-SCSI tape backups?

Post by R Zutterlin » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi --

> I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a relatively inexpensive
> non-SCSI tape backup unit that works under RedHat 5.0.  I'd like to be
> able to backup ~4-6GB of data.  Any ideas?

Nathan -

 I am using a Exabyte Eagle TR-3 which attaches to the floppy controller.
It works great with ftape.  You can check out the ftape developers page and
see what tape drives are supported. Sorry but I don't have the URL handy.

Roger

1. Can I use a non SCSI tape backup with Linux?

I am looking to purchase a tape backup (250M range) for my system.  Looking
at the compatability list, I noticed that only SCSI drives are listed.  I
am hoping this document is wrong....Is anybody out there running with
a non SCSI tape drive?  If so, which is it...and how did you get it to
work (I also need it to function under DOS, but I figure this is pretty
simple).

I'm running 0.99pl13 (but I have 15 on cd just waiting to load...I purchased
this kernel on cd for the soundblaster cd support :)  oops...).

I would appreciate it if you mailed any responses to me.  Our news reader
has just come back up after three months of being "temporarily unavailable",
and is now listed as "potentially stable".

Thanks for the help!

Scott

--

2. rescue on RH 5.0/5.1

3. Apache 1.2.x proxy cache fixes

4. If you could have any non-scsi removable drive or backup tape...

5. ssh -Y and ssh -X not working

6. external non-scsi tape drive recommendation?

7. GSI Model-32 users: HELP!

8. Non-SCSI QIC Tape & Slackware 1.2.0

9. Which non-scsi tapes work?

10. What non-SCSI tapes work with Linux?

11. Which non-scsi tapes work

12. Tape drive (non-SCSI) installation??