NEC Superscript 660

Post by Alex Weis » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:44:29

Hi all,

I was recently given an NEC Superscript 666 errr... 660 and,
unfortunately, I discovered that it was a winprinter. There's no way I can
return this as it was bought some time ago and passed down to me and my
snooping around on the web has not yielded any clues as to whether any
progress was made on getting a linux driver for it so I thought I'd ask
here. My current system is a P166, 64 megs of RAM, running Mandrake 7.2.

Might the newer Mandrake distros deal with this printer? I've been meaning
to upgrade, but, as I've been working on my dissertation, I don't think
that's too good of an idea.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

1. Any one use NEC SuperScript 660 or 860 printer with Linux??

Anyone has experience with the NEC SuperScript 660 or 860 printer??

The 660 mode is 6 ppm model and support PCL5 & Postscript 2 language,
but I was told that, it must be run  under Windows 95 only to work with
PS2 language.. I need to verify on this..

The 860 model is a faster one (8 ppm) and supports PCL4 only, it doesn't
support PS2 language.  I want to find out if this model run under
Linux..

Thanks,

Linh C. Nguyen

++++++++++++++++

2. >256 colors @1024x768 with ET4000/W32p board?

3. NEC SuperScript 660 -- Help!!

4. Mail gateways?

5. NEC SUPERSCRIPT 660 printer problem !!??

6. free portscan and report.

7. Linux / NEC SuperScript 660 problem

8. connecting win95 to linux server

9. NEC Superscript 660+ on RHL4.2

10. Host-based Printers (NEC Superscript 660)

11. NEC Superscript 660 Plus printer compatible with Red Hat 6.0?

12. Nec SuperScript 660 HELP!!!!

13. NEC SuperScript 660