Tyan S1590S "Trinity" Motherboard and RedHat 5.1?

Tyan S1590S "Trinity" Motherboard and RedHat 5.1?

Post by Joel Johnso » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

After looking through www.tomshardware.com at Super7 boards to use an AMD
K6-2 300 with, I found this board.  It looks great, with 4 PCI and 4 ISA
slots, but I was wondering if the issue of not being able to disable power
management in the BIOS would cause some issues with Linux (after a certain
idle state or something?).  If anyone has any info relating to this board
(or other great recommendations, not just personal favorites) please let me
know.

Joel Johnson

Tyan S1590S "Trinity" Motherboard and RedHat 5.1?

Post by Jonas Olsso » Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am using this motherboard both on a Linux box and on several NT
boxes. I have had no problems at all with it and am very satisfied
with its performance and features. In my experience the power saving
features can be turned off. Simply specify "User" in the power saving
section of the BIOS settings and disable all entries that you do not
want.

  /Jonas Olsson