ATI TV-Wonder: Saving Tv-Input to disk?

Post by Stefan Silberstei » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hello all,
I have a question regarding my ATI TV-Wonder.
I didnt install it yet, but I asume, that
this is not that kind of big problem. But I
want to do more, than just watching TV.
With Windows, I have the possibility to save
input from the TV-Signal to disk. The input is
saved in the MPEG-format. Because I
dont want want to use Windoze anymore for
NOTHING, I wondered, if this kind of operation
is possible with my SuSE Linux 7.0 Pro.
Do I need any special programs?

Further I would appreciate some input from
people who allready use the ATI TV-Wonder.
(Does it work as it should, any hints or bugs?)

Thank you for your time.

Stefan Silberstein

1. bttv with the ATI TV-Wonder?

I have an ATI TV-Wonder tuner.  From what I can tell, this card uses the
878 chip and bttv should support this.  Does anyone have, or know of a
working TV-Wonder card?  Also, I have not been able to get bttv to
compile.  It complains that I do not have loadable module support
compiled into my kernel.  Well, I checked the make xconfig, and it is
selected, and I have modules loaded.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for your time.

PhilD

2. NatSemi SCx200 patches for Linux-2.5

3. sound at boot-up from ati tv-wonder

4. program to watch for not-running daemons

5. TV-output and tv-input options under bsd

6. Net on 1.1.14 ??? Why don't it work ?

7. ATI TV-Wonder in Linux

8. Basic Network setup on Solaris 8. PLEASE HELP

9. ATI Tv-Wonder in Linux?

10. ATI video card/TV out (Rage Pro) -> big-screen TV and X

11. LINUXERS: *DON'T* buy ATI All-In-Wonder if you want the TV feature

12. ATI - TV WONDER DRIVERS

13. ATI - TV Wonder