AHA2940UW boot disk set

Post by stephen radfor » Sat, 21 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Can anu one tell me where to find a boot or kernel in .ZIP format
for adaptec aha2940uw card

Stephen

AHA2940UW boot disk set

Post by George D » Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:00:00

]Can anu one tell me where to find a boot or kernel in .ZIP format
]for adaptec aha2940uw card
]

Your local sunsite mirror, under
/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/bootdsks.144/a2x4x.i  but it isn't .ZIP
format. I suppose you could ZIP it if you really wanted to after you d/l it.

--
 ,-,_|\  George Dau                                              __
/    * \ Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), NT, Oracle, Internet  (OO)

      v  WWW:  http://pobox.com/~gedau                          W--W

1. Starts x86 boot from AHA2940UW disk then says no boot disk

I replaced an AHA1542 card with an AHA2940UW card in a pc.

During boot, the pc loads the master boot record (MBR) from SCSI
disk 0, it in turn starts the Solaris boot process, which
then falls into auto configuration because Solaris can not
find bootable disk.

I suspect that Solaris places /devices/*isa* info into the
MBR and somehow I need to replace that info with /devices/*pci*
to recognize the new card.

I'll probably temporarily install both cards and connect
disk 0 to the AHA2940UW. That way, I bet Solaris will find /devices/*isa*
and become happy enough to continue the boot. Then a "b -r" should
install the necessary /devices/*pci*, after which, I should be able
to remove the AHA1542. One more "b -r" and the AHA1542 should be
history.

If you've fought this battle before your successful solution is
appreciated.

2. Remote printing

3. Problems with Emergency recovery disk set...bad boot disk!

4. run a script at login

5. Kernel 2.4.3 reverses assignment order of AHA2940UW and NCR810 disks

6. STREAMS

7. How to config LILO on non-boot disk (b4 using it as boot disk)

8. Problems with Sol10 patch cluster?

9. *NEW* boot disk won't, *OLD* boot disk will!

10. copy boot disc to a replacement boot disc -

11. AHA2940UW boot problems

12. ZIP drive Reset hang on AHA2940UW during boot

13. what different between boot disk, root disk and emergency disk???