STB Velocity 128 3D value (Nvidia / Riva) Help!

STB Velocity 128 3D value (Nvidia / Riva) Help!

Post by Dennis Trembla » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I've been working on this for some time now. I tried modifying the
parameters in the configuration file as well as running vconfig (??
... I'm in Windows at the moment and don't remember if this is what I
ran exactly), but can only get it to work in the 800x600 256 (8 bit)
color mode. Pressing Cntrl-Alt-plus only causes the black screen of
death, the monitor goes into standby - loss of signal, and I can't get
it to return with Cntrl-Alt-minus). I then have to reboot. Yuck!

I know that I missed something here, so I am looking for someone that
has been successful with the exact same card. This AGP video card with
4M memory
card came with a Dell XPS-300. I am using a Panasonic E21 monitor.

--
Dennis Tremblay
dTronix

Post by Stever » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I've been working on this for some time now. I tried modifying the
> parameters in the configuration file as well as running vconfig (??
> ... I'm in Windows at the moment and don't remember if this is what I
> ran exactly), but can only get it to work in the 800x600 256 (8 bit)
> color mode. Pressing Cntrl-Alt-plus only causes the black screen of
> death, the monitor goes into standby - loss of signal, and I can't get
> it to return with Cntrl-Alt-minus). I then have to reboot. Yuck!

> I know that I missed something here, so I am looking for someone that
> has been successful with the exact same card. This AGP video card with
> 4M memory
> card came with a Dell XPS-300. I am using a Panasonic E21 monitor.

> --
> Dennis Tremblay
> dTronix
> Morrison IL

which linux distribution are you running?
steverl

1. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support

Does anyone know if the STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) supported
under Linux or where I may be able to find register level tech docs to
write the driver?  nVidia, the company the makes the chipset and STB
refuse both refuse by request for the information.

I currently have Win95 and WinNT on my PII system and would like to give
Linux and the BeOS(www.be.com) a try.  What does it mean in Linux for a
card to be unsupported?  For example, in 95 & NT, if you don't have the
driver installed, you usually still get 640x480 16 colors and in the
BeOS, you get nothing(just a blank screen).

Thanks,
Jin Yu
--
BeDev ID: 6731

http://www.coresi.com/yuweb/

--
BeDev ID: 6731

http://www.coresi.com/yuweb/

2. Mouse troubles in gpm/X

3. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support?

4. Linux startup logo??

5. Where is XFree86 3.1.2a

6. Need Driver for nVidia RIVA 128 (STB Velocity 128)

7. need help with printer config.

8. STB velocity 128 Nvidia Riva 128 chipset

9. looking for driver for STB velocity 128 w/ Nvidia Riva 128 chipset

10. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support?

11. STB Velocity 128 NVidia Riva

12. STB velocity 128 - Nvidia Riva